The Magic of Christmas Morning.

Sometimes, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season can be tiring and overwhelming.  I often have thoughts during December like:  Why are we doing this?  We totally transform the outside and inside of our homes, we buy present after present after present, we attend party after party after party... the list goes on and on.  And, if we are not careful, we miss it.  We miss the Feeling.  The Spirit.  The Magic.  In the early hours of Christmas morning, as I watched my wide-eyed, excited little darlings, I was reminded again of why we do it.  Magic was in the air.  I could feel it.  The feeling flooded me with memories from when I was a little girl, of my own magical Christmas mornings.  I was overcome with happiness, gratitude, and an overwhelming love for our Savior Jesus Christ and the magic and miracle of His royal birth.  Magic.  Christmas Magic.  There is no other feeling in the world like it.    





3 comments:

Shanda said...

You hav THE cutest family!! I love christmas but i hate getting caught up in all the hustle and bustle too.

~adelle said...

I love that effect on the photos. It feels so OLD SCHOOL. Awesome! I am glad you had an extra camera around for us on Christmas morning.

I'm Jenny said...

i know - it's an action called "seventies" and that is totally what it looks like! old pics from the 70's! No prob on the camera. happy to help!